This Cranberry Sambuca Mousse is an Italian inspired rich and creamy dessert that is so full of flavor and is most definitely Orgasmik to the palate!
If you’re not familiar with Sambuca, it is an Italian anise-flavored, usually colorless, liqueur. Sambuca is flavored with essential oils obtained from star anise. It almost has sort of a licorice flavor to it.
A shot of Sambuca is often one of my favorite after dinner treats, which gave me inspiration to create a delicious dessert with it!
This recipe sort of came to me by accident, I was just experimenting with this and thought it would work well with the tanginess of Cranberries and the citrus flavors of the Orange. Luckily it totally worked! I love it when that happens! 🙂
You guys are going to love this dessert, it’s:
- and so Delizioso!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Cranberry Sambuca Mousse
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 cup Cranberries
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream + 2 Tbs Sugar
- Juice and Zest from 1 Orange
- 8-10 Plain Biscuits crumbled
- 2 Tbs Sambuca
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In medium saucepan add Water, Sugar, and bring to a boil
- Add in Cranberries, Orange Juice + Zest, Cinnamon, and 1 Tbs Sambuca
- Turn heat down to medium and cook until Cranberries are almost melted
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Add Whipped Cream and Sugar to a small bowl and mix 1-2 minutes with an electric mixer until fluffy. Set this aside in the fridge
- In a small bowl add Biscuits, pour 1 Tbs Sambuca over, and mix to coat all of the Biscuit crumbs
- Divide Biscuit crumbs evenly into the bottom of 2 glass dessert dishes and press down with a spoon (this will create the base of the dessert)
- Mix gently and smoothly half of the Cranberry Compote with the Whipped Cream
- Add the rest of the Cranberry Compote on top of the mousse
- Add Mint leaves to garnish
- Serve immediately
Sambuca is an Italian anise-flavored, usually colorless, liqueur.