This combinations of flavors and ingredients will capture your palate and take you to taste the real aromas of Italy.
Ingredients : ( 2 servings )
3-4 Egg Nest Fettuccine
3 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic peeled and finely chopped
1/4 Onion finely chopped
1/2 Cup Pancetta diced
10 Asparagus diced
2 Cups Shitake Mushrooms sliced
1/3 Cup Fresh Flat Italian Parsley finely chopped
1 cup White Wine
1/2 Cup Shredded Pecorino Toscano Dop ( you can replace it with Pecorino Romano Dop or Parmigiano Reggiano Dop)
Salt & Pepper at your discretion for seasoning
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add salt and then the asparagus (whole). Blanch it for a couple of minutes, than drain it and dice it. Set aside.
- In medium pan, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and warm it up at medium hit. Add the pancetta and cook it for a couple of minutes until gets crispy. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining extra virgin olive oil and warm it at medium heat. Add the onion, sauté it for 1 minute then add garlic. Stir both for a couple of minute and then throw in diced blanched asparagus and the mushrooms.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, turn the hit to medium/high, sauté for two minutes then blush it with the wine.
- As soon as the wine has evaporated, add half of the parsley and add the pancetta. Stir all for a minute then set on the side.
- Cook the egg nest fettuccine following the packaging instructions. Drain it “al dente ” and leave about a cup of boiled water to add to the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta into the pan with the sauce and toss it all at high heat. Add the remaining parsley, a drizzle of extra virgin oil and the cheese. Serve immediately and buon appetito!!