This Fruits of Forest Risotto with Chocolate EVOO puts a unique spin on Risotto by infusing it with the many different fruits of the forest! Drizzled with Chocolate EVOO and topped with crumbled Pistachios, this will leave your palate wanting more after each and every bite!
Now I must tell you, this is not a common Risotto.
For most people the ingredients listed may sound like a strange pairing… but let me assure you it is so delicate, tasty, and literally a symphony of flavors in your mouth.
The fusion of flavors embrace each other like an orchestra, and I am the director. 🙂
I call it Fruits of Forest because I used four different kinds of berries to infuse this Risotto.
Now I must note that this Risotto does not taste sweet like some of you may think, since I used so many different kinds of fruit.
There is a hint of fruit flavor, but the Pecorino Romano, Pistachios, and drizzle of Chocolate EVOO really balance it out beautifully.
I hope you guys love this Risotto as much as we did! It’s:
- Full of Flavor
- and 100% Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Fruits of Forest Risotto with Chocolate EVOO
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Italian
- 4 Strawberries
- 1/3 cup Blackberries
- 1/3 cup Raspberries
- 1/3 cup Blueberries
- 3 cups Hot Water divided (1 cup for the fruit and 2 cups for the risotto)
- 2 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 Tbs Yellow Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
- 1/2 cup Dry White Cooking Wine
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano D.O.P.
- 1/2 cup chopped Pistachios
- A drizzle of Chocolate EVOO to garnish
- In a medium saucepan add 1 cup Hot water along with fruit and simmer until thickened and water has absorbed (about 5 min), mash the fruit slightly
- Once fruit sauce is done remove from heat and set aside
- Preheat 2 Tbs EVOO in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- When oil gets warm, add Onion and saute until golden color (approximately 3-4 minutes)
- Add Rice and stir for 1-2 minutes until toasted
- Add White Wine and cook until Wine is reduced or evaporated
- Add in 1/2 cup Hot Water and stir (it’s important to keep stirring – see notes below)
- When Water starts to get evaporated (after about 5 minutes), add another 1/2 cup of Water
- Add in Fruit Sauce, Salt, and Pepper to Rice and stir
- Add 1/2 cup Water approximately every 5 minutes, stirring constantly (total cook time for the risotto is about 20 minutes)
- Taste and add more Salt/Pepper if needed
- Taste the rice and when you are 1 minute before reaching the right bite “al dente” (meaning rice should be tender but still firm to the bite), add Butter and Pecorino Romano D.O.P.
- Turn off heat and stir quickly until creamy in texture.
- Sprinkle Pistachios on top
- Drizzle with Chocolate EVOO for garnish
- Serve immediately.
Make sure your Water stays hot while cooking the Risotto. It’s important to add a little bit of the hot Water at a time so the rice is cooked slowly and the stock gets absorbed. This method releases the rice’s starches, producing a velvety, creamy dish.
It’s very important to keep stirring the Risotto as it’s cooking, especially as the stock gets absorbed, to prevent scorching.