This Gluten Free Gnocchi with Baccala’ Alla Romana (Gnocchi with Cod Roman Style) comes together in about 15 minutes making it perfect for a quick, easy, and delicious meal!
Baccala’ Alla Romana is an original old fashion Roman dish made without pasta.
I wanted to give it my own touch and put a new twist on this by using Gnocchi. I used Gluten Free Gnocchi for this by Delallo, but you could use regular as well.
I found the combination of flavors in this dish to be absolutely wonderful!
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- Full of flavor
- and 100% Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Gluten Free Gnocchi with Baccala’ Alla Romana (Gnocchi with Cod Roman Style)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Seafood
- 250 grams Gluten Free Gnocchi + 1 Tbs salt to add to water when cooking
- 3 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 a small Onion julienned
- 2 Tbs Pine Nuts
- 1/4 lb Cod chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup Dry White Cooking Wine
- 12 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes diced
- 2 Tbs Raisins
- 3/4 cup Strained Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 8 fresh Basil leaves
- Soak Raisins in 1/4 cup water for 20 minutes
- Add EVOO to a large frying pan and heat over medium heat
- When oil is warm add Onion and sauté 1 minute
- Add Pine Nuts sauté 2-3 minutes
- Add Cod, turn heat up to high, sauté 1 minute
- Add Wine and cook until evaporated (about 1-2 minutes)
- Add Tomatoes, Raisins, Strained Tomatoes, Salt, and Pepper
- Sauté 5-6 minutes, if liquid starts to evaporate add in some of the water the raisins were soaking in
- Cook Gnocchi as directed, drain and add to the sauce
- Sauté 1 minute
- Garnish with Basil and serve immediately
- Buon Appetito!