Meatball Tacos with Parmesan Shell – Using Parmesan Cheese to make the taco shell gives this such a unique flavor and the shell holds up way better than any regular taco shell!
I’m so excited to share my latest creation with you today!
Meet the Parmesan Cheese Taco Shell!! 🙂
I personally found Tacos in general not very tasty, so one day I made this for myself as an experiment frying Parmesan Cheese in a pan and then shaping it into a Taco Shell. I like to call it Parmos – the alternative to Tacos!
Check out my latest video below where I show you how to make this recipe!
If you like this video, Please Subscribe to our YouTube Channel!
Surprisingly these shells were super versatile, and they add that intense loving flavor of the Parmigiano, which pairs with lots of ingredients.
I decided to create a sort of Italian style Taco by using some pre-cooked frozen pork-beef meatballs I had in my freezer. I added them to my Authentic Italian homemade tomato sauce – Salsa Di Pomodoro.
When the meatballs were heated all the way through (about 15 minutes), I added them onto the Parmos along with some Arugula, and topped it with Ricotta and Parmesan.
You guys are going to love these Parmos! They’re:
- Easy to make
- Low Carb
- Full of flavor
- and 100% Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Meatball Tacos with Parmesan Shell
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 4 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese divided (3 cups total to make the shells, 1 cup for the filler)
- 6 large Meatballs (frozen partially cooked)
- 2 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 500 grams Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 6 Basil leaves chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Arugula
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat
- Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese creating a flat circle
- Cook 1-2 minutes, then quickly but gently flip it over and cook 20-30 seconds more
- Remove from pan and carefully place it over a drinking glass to mold it into a taco shell shape
- Repeat until 6 Parmesan Cheese Shells are made using a total of 3 cups of Parmesan Cheese
- In a medium frying pan add EVOO and heat over medium heat
- When oil is warm add Garlic, Tomatoes, Salt, and Pepper
- Set the Meatballs in the sauce and cook for 12-15 minutes
- If it starts to get too dry add a little bit of water
- Stir in the chopped Basil
- In each shell, add Arugula, a Meatball, Tomato Sauce, and top with Ricotta and Parmesan
- Serve immediately
It’s important to use Shredded Parmesan vs. Grated Parmesan. Grated Parmesan gets too crumbly and won’t create a proper shell form.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes by email!