This is a divine pasta dish full of flavors with a hint of spice and is a hearty healthy meal that can be enjoyed all year round.
Ingredients : (2 servings)
200 gr Paccheri
140 0z Cheery Tomatoes (I used Italian imported cherry tomatoes with the juice)
6 Calamari Tubes (sliced into rings)
10 Calamari Tentacles
1/2 Cup Green Peas (I used organic frozen peas let defrost it)
4 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Onion Finely Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
1/2 Tsp Red Crushed Chili Pepper
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
2 Tbs. Italian flat Parsley Finely Chopped
1 Tsp Dry Oregano
1 Tsp salt for the sauce
1 tbsp of salt for the boiling water
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot. Follow the cooking instructions but drain the pasta always one minute earlier then listed.
- Meanwhile in a large pan at medium heat, warm up the extra virgin olive oil, then add onion and after a minute add garlic and red chili pepper.
- As soon as the onion and garlic reach the perfect golden color (after a few min), throw in the calamari. Sauté for a couple minutes, then blush it with the white wine. Let the wine evaporate then add the peas, cherry tomatoes, salt, half of the parsley and the oregano.
- Cook all at medium heat for about 7-8 minutes adding some of the pasta water if needed.
- Add salt then the paccheri. Stir for the first minute and then occasionally. Transfer the calamari peas sauce int0 the same pot where the pasta has been cooked.
- Incorporate in the drained pasta, add the remaining parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin oil to bring together everything perfectly.
- Mix and serve. Buon Appetito!