How To Make Parmesan Cheese Taco Shells (Parmos!) – This is a great Low Carb and Gluten Free alternative for taco shells!
You may remember my introduction last week of my How To Make Vegan Parmesan Taco Shells post which is something I created to make tacos more vegan friendly.
Well today I’m showing you step by step How To Make Parmesan Taco Shells – Parmos! This one is for the cheese lovers! 🙂
Check out the recipe video below for this!
Start with 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese. It’s important to use shredded vs. grated, grated parmesan cheese gets a little too crumbly when using.
Add it to a warm non-stick skillet heated over medium heat.
Create a circular flat shape with your spatula.
Cook 1-2 minutes, the gently flip it over and cook 20-30 seconds more.
Remove from pan and place it over a drinking glass or something of similar shape to give it a taco shell form.
Let cool and harden a bit before filling.
Fill with your favorite fillings, or try one of my delicious taco recipes below!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
How To Make Parmesan Cheese Taco Shells (Parmos!)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Gluten Free
- 2 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat
- Add 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese creating a flat circle
- Cook 1-2 minutes, then quickly but gently flip it over and cook 20-30 seconds more
- Remove from pan and carefully place it over a drinking glass or something similar to mold it into a taco shell shape
- Repeat until all Parmesan Cheese Shells are made
It’s important to use Shredded Parmesan vs. Grated Parmesan. Grated Parmesan gets too crumbly and won’t create a proper shell form.
Makes approximately 8 Parmos Shells.