Red Beets “Rocher” is a healthy Vegetarian appetizer made with Beets, Goat Cheese, Walnuts, and fresh Mint. This is so delicious!
This recipe came to be by total accident while experimenting in the kitchen.
I was cooking the Beets to make a different dish and it didn’t turn out the way I wanted.
That’s the beauty of cooking, sometimes what you plan on making doesn’t always turn out. When that happens, the creative juices start flowing, and sometimes greater things come out of it! 🙂
I quickly looked in my fridge and found some Goat Cheese, Mints, Walnuts and thought they would go good together with the cooked Beets.
Everyone has heard of the popular Ferrero Rocher chocolate right?
Well I had that in mind when I was creating this yummy appetizer. I thought, hey why not make this healthy appetizer look more like a delectable dessert!
The result? Exquisite!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we did!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Red Beets “Roche”
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 2 medium size Organic Red Beets (approximately 2 cups chopped)
- 1 cup crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh Mint Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
- Add Beets and a pinch of Salt to a medium saucepan and cover with water
- Simmer over medium heat for approximately 30-45 minutes until Beets are tender
- In a small bowl add Goat Cheese, Mint, 1/2 cup Walnuts, and mix
- Once Beets are cooked, cool them down under cold water, this will help remove the skins from the Beets as well
- Make sure all skin from the Beets have been removed, and chop Beets
- Add Beets, Goat Cheese mixture, Salt, Pepper, to a food processor and blend until smooth
- With a spoon or small ice cream scoop, grab the mix and form into little balls
- Roll the balls into the rest of the crumbled Walnuts to coat and give it a “Roche” effect
- Place on a platter and garnish with Mint Leaves