This Sautéed Shrimp Over Mint Peas Puree is delicious as a meal or an appetizer!
I originally created this dish a few years ago when I was working in the kitchen at a restaurant in Wisconsin.
I had to come up with new items for the menu and was trying to jazz up a Pea Puree. I’ve always appreciated Mint mixed in with different foods, so I thought I’d mix it in with the Pea Puree.
The result? Absolutely 100% Delizioso!
And when this Mint Peas Puree is paired with Sautéed Shrimp, it looks exquisite!
This Puree is:
Each bite of Shrimp dipped in this Puree is like a symphony inside your mouth. The flavors all blend together perfectly.
Trust me, you guys are going to love this!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Sautéed Shrimp Over Mint Peas Puree
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 4 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) divided
- 1 small Shallot finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced (divided)
- 1 cup frozen Organic Peas (defrosted)
- 6 medium size Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Pinch of Oregano
- Pinch of Crushed Red Chili Pepper
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 2 Tbs Dry White Wine
- Paprika to garnish
- Start by making the Mint Peas Puree:
- Heat saucepan with 2 Tbs EVOO
- When oil is hot add Shallots and sauté 2 minutes until softened
- Add 1/2 Clove of the Minced Garlic and sauté 1 minute
- Add Green Peas and sauté 2-3 minutes
- Stir in Salt, Pepper, and Oregano (adjust seasonings to your taste and add more if needed)
- Slowly add in Vegetable Broth 1 cup at a time and simmer 7-8 minutes (during this cooking process, keep an eye on the puree, as the liquid gets absorbed add another cup and so on until all of the broth is used.
- Transfer the Pea Puree to a food processor and add in Mint Leaves. Blend until it obtains a velvety smooth creamy sauce
- Start cooking the Shrimp:
- In a medium saucepan heat 2 Tbs EVOO over medium-high heat
- When oil is hot add Shrimp, the other 1/2 Clove of Minced Garlic, Crushed Red Pepper, and sauté for about 1 minute
- Add White Wine and cook for about 1-2 minutes
- Spread 1 cup Mint Pea Puree on a plate and place Shrimp over it
- Garnish with Paprika and more Mint of desired
The Mint Pea Puree makes approximately 2 cups. I used 1 cup of the Puree for this recipe.
Suggestions for leftover Puree: Use to toss with pasta/gnocchi/penne/fusilli, add a little vegetable broth to it to make a soup, use it as a sauce with salmon or scallops.