This Sun-Dried Tomato and Arugula Pesto is so easy to make and is loaded with flavor! Add it to your favorite pasta or Italian dish!
Making homemade Pesto is super easy and way better than any store bought Pesto from a jar.
With just a few simple ingredients, this can be made in about 5 minutes!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Slivered Almonds
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Parmesan Cheese
You’ll need a food processor to make this so that all of the ingredients blend together seamlessly.
Just add in your Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Almonds, Garlic, Salt, and Pepper to a food processor and pulse 10-20 seconds.
Add in Basil, Arugula, Parmesan, and EVOO. Pulse for 30 seconds, stopping and scraping down the sides to mix in.
Add in 3 – 6 Tbs of Water and pulse 10 seconds (start with 3 Tbs and keep adding more water until the texture is smooth and not too pasty).
That’s it! Now you have fresh homemade Pesto! 🙂
Here’s a few serving suggestions:
- Put a few spoonfuls over freshly cooked pasta
- Add a few spoonfuls over Spiralized Zucchini for a healthy Low Carb meal
- Smear on some chicken breasts and bake for a zesty flavor
- Bake it into french bread
- Use it as a substitute for pizza sauce
- Use it as a sandwich spread
The possibilities are really endless!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Sun-Dried Tomato and Arugula Pesto
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 8
- Category: Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 oz package Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 10-12 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 3-6 Tbs Water
- Add Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Almonds, Garlic, Salt, and Pepper to Food Processor
- Pulse 10-20 seconds
- Add Basil, Arugula, Parmesan, and EVOO
- Pulse 30 seconds, stopping and scraping down the sides to mix in
- Add in 3 – 6 Tbs of Water and pulse 10 seconds
- Add in more Water if needed (you want the texture to be smooth and not too pasty)
This makes about 2 cups of Pesto
Nutrition calculation is based on 2 Tbs per serving