These Vegan Veggie Parmos Tacos are a great healthy, low carb, and gluten free alternative to regular tacos! Using Vegan Parmesan Cheese to make these taco shells really kicks the flavor of this up a notch!
If you guys have been following the blog for awhile, then you may remember me rolling out a new creation which I like to call ‘Parmos’, which is Parmesan Cheese made into the shape of a taco shell!
Well I decided to create a Vegan version of this by substituting this with Vegan Parmesan Cheese (I used Follow Your Heart brand).
I was able to produce the exact same results creating the shell, and the flavor is just as delicious, if not better. 🙂
I decided to load these Parmos shells up with sautéed Peppers, Onions, Carrots, and Squash, laying them in a bed of Arugula.
Next I mixed up a slightly spicy, yet savory sauce to top these with!
- Lemon Juice
- and Hot Chili Sauce
Blended the mixture up and drizzled over these delicious Parmos. Yummmm!
You guys are going to love these Vegan Veggie Parmos Tacos! They’re:
- Slightly Spicy
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb
- and 100% Orgasmik!
If you like this, check out my latest recipe for Vegan Peppers Mushrooms and Zucchini Parmos Tacos!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Vegan Veggie Parmos Tacos
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Vegan
- 2 cups Vegan Shredded Parmesan (I used Follow Your Heart brand)
- 1/2 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 Yellow Pepper julienned
- 1 Orange or Red Pepper julienned
- 2 medium Onions julienned
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 Yellow Squash julienned
- 1 Zucchini julienned
- 1 cup Arugula
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1 Avocado
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/4 of an Onion
- 1 Tbs fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tsp fermented Hot Chili Sauce
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat
- Add 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese creating a flat circle
- Cook 1-2 minutes, then quickly but gently flip it over and cook 20-30 seconds more
- Remove from pan and carefully place it over a drinking glass to mold it into a taco shell shape
- Repeat until all Parmesan Cheese Shells are made
- In the same pan add EVOO and heat over medium heat
- When oil is warm turn heat up to medium/high heat, add Onion and sauté 1-2 minutes
- Add Peppers, Carrots, Squash, and Zucchini, sauté 3 minutes
- Add Taco Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, and 1/2 cup water, sauté 1 minutes or until water is evaporated
- Add Arugula, and Taco mixture to Parmesan Shells
For the Sauce:
- Add Avocado, Garlic, Onion, Lemon Juice, Salt, and Chili Sauce to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over Tacos