These Zucchini and Yellow Squash Ricotta Fried Balls will be your new favorite appetizer! These are so easy to make and are loaded with flavor!
A little birdie told me there’s this thing called the Super Bowl on Sunday. I’m more of a soccer fan myself, so am out of the loop.
BUT I thought I would create a yummy appetizer for all of you football fans out there that will be watching the big game this weekend. 🙂
Trust me, these Zucchini and Yellow Squash Ricotta Fried Balls are the perfect appetizer for Game Day or any party!
They are super easy to make, so light, and extremely flavorful!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Zucchini and Yellow Squash Ricotta Fried Balls
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2-3
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 2 Green Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 400 grams Ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp grated Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup gluten free Bread Crumbs to coat + 1/2 cup to mix
- Oil for deep fryer
- In a large bowl grate the skin off of Zucchini and Squash (don’t use the inside or it’ll be mushy)
- Squeeze the water out of the grated Zucchini
- Add Ricotta, Parmesan, Nutmeg, Salt, Pepper, and 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- Mix well
- Using an ice cream scoop, dip it into the mixture to make a ball shape
- Dip each Zucchini ball mixture into the rest of the Bread Crumbs
- Fry 1-2 minutes in deep fryer until golden brown
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce
Makes approximately 9 balls.