Putting a new spin on tacos with these Turbot Fish Parmos Tacos! The shells are made from Parmesan Cheese which blends the flavors of the fish and toppings just perfectly!
If you’re not familiar with Turbot, it’s a white flaky fish similar to a Flounder or Cod fish. So if you can’t find Turbot in your area you could certainly substitute it out for Cod.
These fish parmos tacos definitely have a tropical vibe. One bite will set your mind to somewhere on a tropical island, chilling, and maybe washing each bite down with a nice cold brew. 🙂
Now let’s talk about the sauce.
The sauce I made for this really kicks the flavors up a notch.
I used Mayo, Chives, Capers, Garlic Powder, and Lime Juice. Just simple fresh ingredients, but when all of the flavors are combined and topped onto the parmos, every bite is completely Orgasmik!
I hope you love these Turbot Fish Parmos Tacos as much as we did! They’re:
- Easy to make
- and 100% Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Turbot Fish Parmos Tacos
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese for each shell (approximately 3 shells needed for amount of ingredients listed)
- 1/2 lb Turbot Fish cut into small bite size strips
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup Red Onion julienned
- Handful of Arugula
- 1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Lime wedges for garnish
For the Sauce:
- 5 Tbs Mayo
- 2-3 Tbs chopped Chives
- 1 Tbs chopped Capers
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- In a medium frying pan heat over medium heat
- When pan is hot add 1/3 cup Parmesan creating a flat circle
- Cook 2-3 minutes, then gently flip with a spatula and cook an additional 20-30 seconds
- Place over a drinking glass lengthwise or something similar to mold it into a taco shell shape
- Let cool 2-3 minutes before removing from mold
- Repeat for each shell and set aside
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 425 degrees
- On a large plate add Flour, pinch of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning and mix well
- Dip each piece of Turbot into the flour mixture evenly coating all sides of the fish
- Add fish to deep fryer and cook until golden brown 5-7 minutes or until fish is cooked all the way through
- Place cooked fish on a paper towel to drain excess grease
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients for the sauce (if it’s too thick add a bit of water)
- In each taco shell add Arugula, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Turbot, and top with sauce
- Serve immediately
- Buon Appetito!