Putting a new twist on the traditional potato salad with this Warm Shrimp and Potato Salad with Basil Pesto! Seriously once you try it, you’ll never go back.
Summer is in full swing, and this Warm Shrimp and Potato Salad with Basil Pesto is perfect for your next backyard bbq, or pool party!
Or this is great as a nice light lunch or dinner at home.
This has such an amazing combination of ingredients and is super tasty!
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as we did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- and Insanely Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Warm Shrimp and Potato Salad with Basil Pesto
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 1 large Potato peeled
- 14 medium cooked Shrimp divided (6 to chop for the potatoes and 8 with the tails on for garnish)
- 2 cups fresh Basil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4-5 Tbs EVOO
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4-5 Chives chopped
- 2 slices of Yellow Tomato for garnish
- 2 slices of Red Tomato for garnish
- Boil Potato, check for doneness with a fork, make sure it’s not too soft
- Let Potato cool and dice
- Steam Shrimp 3-4 minutes to warm up
- Add Potato to a large bowl along with Chives, a pinch of Salt, and a pinch of Pepper
- Chop 6 of the Shrimp and remove tails, add to the Potatoes
- In a food processor add Basil, Garlic, EVOO, Almonds, Salt, Pepper, Parmesan, and blend until the consistency of pesto
- Add 2 Tbs of the pesto to the Potato mixture
- Place ring mold on a plate and fill with Potato salad
- Remove ring mold
- Add Butterflied Shrimp for garnish
- Placed sliced Tomatoes on a plate surrounding the Potato salad
- Buon Appetito!
Leftover Pesto can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.