This Bucatini with Zucchini Lemon Zest and Bottarga comes together in 10 minutes and is loaded with flavor!
If you’re not familiar with Bucatini, it is a thick spaghetti-like pasta with a hole running through the center. The name comes from Italian: buco, meaning “hole”.
Bucatini is common throughout Lazio, particularly in Rome (where I’m originally from).
There is your Italian lesson for the day. 😉
Using Bucatini along with Zucchini, Lemon Zest, and Bottarga… Wow! It is an absolute symphony of flavors to the palate!
The shredded Bottarga on top of this dish really ties it all together.
Bottarga is the Italian name for a delicacy of salted cured fish roe, typically of the grey mullet or the bluefin tuna.
I found it at local place in Sarasota, FL called Gulf Coast Caviar. But you can also order it on Amazon, or directly from their website.
You guys are going to love this easy pasta dish! It’s:
- Easy to make
- and 100% Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Bucatini with Zucchini Lemon Zest and Bottarga
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: Italian
- 250 grams uncooked Bucatini Pasta
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 4 Tbs EVOO
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Zucchini sliced 1/8 inch thin and chopped into 1 inch size pieces
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 2 Tbs chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 – 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- Handful of toasted Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbs grated Bottarga divided
- In a large pot, fill with water and bring to boil
- Add 1 Tbs Salt, Bucatini, and cook as directed on package or until al dente
- While the pasta is cooking, add EVOO to a large pan and heat over medium heat
- When oil is warm add Garlic cloves, and a pinch of the grated Bottarga, sauté 1 – 2 minutes
- Add Zucchini and sauté 3 – 4 minutes
- Add Parsley and a pinch of Salt and Pepper to Zucchini
- Remove Garlic cloves and discard
- Drain cooked pasta and add to Zucchini
- Add a bit of EVOO and Lemon Juice to pasta and toss
- Top with Lemon Zest, Bottarga, and Parsley
- Serve immediately