This Yellow Squash and Zucchini Carpaccio is a delicious, Vegetarian, healthy appetizer that is sure to please anyone!
Typically a Carpaccio is dish of raw meat or fish thinly sliced or pounded out flat. I decided to make a Vegetarian version by using Yellow Squash and Zucchini, slicing it very thin.
Not only is this delicious, but it’s also a beautiful presentation. Alternating the Yellow Squash and the Zucchini on a platter, then adding a handful of Sprouts to the center.
I also added some Capers and Sun-Dried Tomatoes around the Squash for more color and flavor.
Drizzled with a refreshing dressing made of Lemon Juice, EVOO, Mint, Basil, Salt, and Pepper… Wow!
Oh and don’t forget to top it off with shaved Pecorino Toscano D.O.P.! 🙂
You will be surprised how amazing the combination of all the ingredients are together.
- and simply Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Yellow Squash and Zucchini Carpaccio
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 1 Yellow Squash sliced lengthwise 1/8 inch thick
- 1 Zucchini sliced lengthwise 1/8 inch thick
- 1 Tbs Capers
- Handful of Sprouts (you could also use Arugula)
- 1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes julienned
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 10 Mint Leaves
- 10 Basil Leaves
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 – 2 Tbs shaved Pecorino Toscano D.O.P.
- Place 6 slices each of Yellow Squash and Zucchini on a large plate, alternating each color
- Add a handful of Sprouts to the center
- Add Capers and Sun-Dried Tomatoes around the Squash
- Add Lemon Juice, EVOO, Mint, Basil, Salt, and Pepper to a food processor and blend 30 seconds until it has a dressing consistency
- Drizzle dressing over Squash
- Top with shaved Pecorino Toscano D.O.P.
- Serve immediately