Carbonara Con Salsiccia – Pasta combined with Italian Sausage and Egg, makes this perfect for brunch!
Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish from Rome made with egg, hard cheese, guanciale, and pepper.
Guanciale is the most common meat used in this pasta dish, but I wanted to try something new so I used Italian mild sausage instead.
Some people have different opinions on how carbonara should be made. I’m Italian and even more Roman… so nobody can tell me how the original carbonara can be made! 🙂
I hope you guys love this Carbonara Con Salsiccia as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- and Immensely Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Carbonara Con Salsiccia
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 250 grams Rigatoni
- 1/2 lb Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 Tbs Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Cook pasta as directed or until al dente
- Meanwhile, cook sausage crumbles in a medium frying pan over med/high heat until cooked thoroughly and remove from heat
- In a small bowl whisk eggs, salt, and pepper
- Bring the frying pan with sausage back to stovetop and heat on low
- Add butter to cooked sausage and let it slowly melt
- Drain pasta and add it to the sausage
- Remove from heat
- Add whisked eggs and stir, eggs should be creamy not scrambled
- Add Cheeses and more salt and pepper to taste if needed
- Serve immediately
- Buon Appetito!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes by email!