These Chicken Tacos are made Low Carb with a Parmesan Shell! Using Parmesan Cheese to create the taco shell gives this such an intense loving flavor and they hold together much better than traditional taco shells!
My friends… meet the Parmos. That’s what I like to call them, they are taco shells made out of Parmesan Cheese.
I never used to be a big fan of tacos, honestly I didn’t think they were very tasty. I started experimenting in my kitchen one day with some Parmesan Cheese, frying it up and making different shapes with it.
I started by creating a Parmesan Cheese Nest to use for leftover Risotto which was absolutely delicious!
So I thought, hey why not try making Parmesan Cheese into a taco shell! Brilliant! 🙂
The first version I made which you may remember were these Meatball Tacos. This was an Italian style taco that was loaded with flavor. Seriously you need to try this!
So I was thinking of a new taco to make, I looked in my fridge to see what I had. I found Chicken Thighs, Arugula, Avocado, Onion, Tomatoes, and Pesto.
I just seasoned the Chicken with some Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, and EVOO. I sautéed it and blushed it with a little White Wine.
Then I made the Pico Di Gallo (Italian style of course!) I chopped up some Avocado, Onion, Tomatoes, added EVOO, Salt, Pepper, and mixed in a little Pesto for the win!
Let me tell you, this combo of flavors along with the Parmesan Cheese Shell is absolutely Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Low Carb Chicken Tacos with Parmesan Shell
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 3 cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Chicken thighs, bones removed and diced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Avocado pitted and diced
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 3 Tbs Basil Pesto
- 1 cup Arugula
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat
- Add 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese creating a flat circle
- Cook 1-2 minutes, then quickly but gently flip it over and cook 20-30 seconds more
- Remove from pan and carefully place it over a drinking glass to mold it into a taco shell shape
- Repeat until all Parmesan Cheese Shells are made
- Season Chicken with Italian Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, and a drizzle of EVOO, coating everything evenly
- Add the rest of the EVOO to a medium frying pan and heat over high flame
- Add the Chicken, sauté 2-3 minutes
- Blush with the White Wine until evaporated
- Add a little bit of water and stir for a few minutes
- Remove from heat
- In a small bowl add Avocado, Onion, Tomatoes, Pesto, a drizzle of EVOO, a pinch of Salt and Pepper, mix well
- Add Arugula, Avocado mixture to each Parmesan Shell, then top with Chicken
- Serve immediately
It’s important to use Shredded Parmesan vs. Grated Parmesan. Grated Parmesan gets too crumbly and won’t create a proper shell form.