I felt that something was missing on my list of Parmos-Tacos creations…and it was this all-in-one breakfast!!
Scrambled eggs with diced tomato, red onion, topped with grilled smoked bacon and diced avocado to embrace the crispy, savory, nutty Parmesan cheese shell. Parmos for breakfast, lunch or brunch… Parmos anytime, anyday.
Ingredients: (2 Parmos Tacos Shells)
1/3 cup Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (for each shell)
1 Tsp EVOO
3 Organic Eggs
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1/3 cup diced Red onion
1 Diced Ripe Tomato seedless
1/3 cup chopped Cilantro
2 Slices of smoked bacon
1/2 Diced Ripe Avocado
- Heat a medium non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add 1/3 cup Parmesan and morph into a circle, patting it down so it sticks.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, then gently flip with a spatula and cook an additional 20-30 seconds.
- Place over a drinking glass lengthwise or something similar to mold it into a taco shell
- Let cool 2-3 minutes before removing from mold.
- Repeat for each shell and set aside.
- In the same not-stick pan, add the oil and once warm enough, add the onion.
- Sauté the onion then add the diced tomato, season it with salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes then add the eggs (previously whisked).
- With a spatula scramble it to your taste adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a pan grill set the bacon and cook it until crispy.
- Fill your Parmos starting with the scrambled eggs, slice of bacon and diced avocado.