These Deep Fried Shrimp Skewers Wrapped in Spaghetti (Gluten Free) are a tasty delightful appetizer that everyone will love!
I’m always experimenting with food and trying to come up with new creations. Today I thought it would be fun to try something new with Spaghetti!
I used a gluten free spaghetti from Delallo, which is one of my favorite pasta brands. I don’t have a gluten intolerance, but I do tend to eat gluten free pastas once in awhile because it makes me feel less bloated.
Plus my good friend and business partner Sara is gluten free, and since she is the one photographing all of the recipes I create, it’s nice if she can taste everything I create. 🙂
For this recipe, I cooked the pasta first and then let it cool down. To keep it moist and prevent it from sticking together I drizzled a bit of EVOO over it.
Once cooled, I laid it in a flat layer about the width of the Shrimp skewers.
Then I just wrapped the Spaghetti around the Shrimp and deep fried it.
The final result?
This is a perfectly twisted skewer wrapped in a crunchy spaghetti nest.
Served with a homemade Basil Pesto sauce… this is immensely Orgasmik!!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Deep Fried Shrimp Skewers Wrapped in Spaghetti (Gluten Free)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Seafood
- 6 Jumbo Shrimp (peeled, deveined, and tail removed)
- 150 grams Gluten Free Spaghetti (I used Delallo brand)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 Tbs fresh Ginger
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1 cup Basil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 5 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 long wooden skewers
- Oil for deep frying
- Add wooden skewers to a shallow pan and fill with water to soak for 10-15 minutes (you can do this while pasta is cooking)
- Cook Spaghetti as directed on package, drain and cool down, drizzle with a bit of EVOO to keep it moist
- In a food processor add Cashews, Garlic, and Ginger, blend 20-30 seconds
- Add Arugula, Basil, Salt, and slowly add in the EVOO while blending until it’s a creamy consistency and set aside
- Add Shrimp to long wooden skewers leaving enough room on the end to hold onto while deep frying (I used about 3 Shrimp on each skewer)
- Line Spaghetti up in a single layer (roughly the width of the Shrimp Skewer) over a cutting board
- Place Shrimp Skewer over Spaghetti and carefully roll Spaghetti over, covering the Shrimp
- Repeat with each skewer
- Add each skewer one at a time to a preheated 375 degree deep fryer using oil of choice
- Cook 2 minutes for each skewer or until Shrimp is completely cooked
- Add Cashew Arugula Pesto mixture to a plate and place Shrimp Skewers on top for dipping
- Buon Appetito!