This Spaghetti With Clams And Mint is an Italian favorite! This is super easy to make and so full of flavor!
About 10 years ago when I was in Modena Italy, I made Spaghetti with Clams and discovered how amazing the flavor of Mint goes with this dish.
It came to me by accident. Normally I would use Parsley in this, but was out. So I substituted Mint… it was love at first bite! 🙂
The blend of Mint in the Spaghetti with Clams is so delicate, refreshing, and fragrant.
Trust me, you will love this combo!
Since I’m originally from Italy, people often ask what my favorite brand of pasta is to use.
One of my current favorite pasta brands is DeLallo, I used their Spaghetti for this dish. It’s imported from Italy and can be found in most grocery stores.
I like it because it’s authentic, and tastes delicious.
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Spaghetti With Clams And Mint
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 Tbs salt (for water to cook the pasta in)
- 9 oz (250 grams) Spaghetti
- 3 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 Garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Dozen Clams
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Clam Juice or Fish Stock
- Pinch of Salt
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbs fresh Mint chopped
- In a large pot fill 3/4 full with water, add 1 Tbs salt, and bring to a boil
- Add Spaghetti and cook 7-9 minutes or until al dente
- While the pasta is cooking, start cooking the Clams
- Heat a large frying pan over med heat add EVOO
- When oil is warm add Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes and sauté 1 minute (careful not to burn the garlic)
- Add Clams and sauté 1 minute
- Add Wine, cover pan, and cook until wine is evaporated
- Add some of the Clam Juice, Pinch of Salt, and Cherry Tomatoes
- Cook until all Clams have opened up (if any are left unopened, discard)
- Drain Pasta (reserving a few Tablespoons of the pasta water to add to the Clams)
- Add Pasta and bit of pasta water to the pan with the Clams
- Add the rest of the Clam Juice, and Mint
- Sauté quickly over high flame for 1-2 minutes and make sure Clams and Tomatoes don’t look dry, it’s important to keep them moist. If they get too dry, drizzle a bit of EVOO over them
- Serve immediately