This Calamari Artichokes Mint and Pecorino Risotto has the perfect blend of flavors! This is so creamy, elegant, and indulgent!
This is one of my favorite risottos that I have ever made!
The combination of the calamari and artichokes creates the perfect match, elevated by the freshness of the mint and sharpness of the pecorino Romano DOP.
This dish is not only unique but absolutely delicious!
I hope you guys love this Calamari Artichokes Mint and Pecorino Risotto as much as I did! It’s:
- and 100% Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Calamari Artichokes Mint and Pecorino Risotto
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 cup Arborio or Carnaroli Rice
- 7 Tbs EVOO divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine plus a little more for blushing the calamari with
- 2 cups heated Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Flat Italian Parsley chopped
- 7-8 fresh Mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Crushed Chili Pepper
- 50 grams Calamari rings and tentacles
- 150 grams canned Quartered Artichoke Hearts julienned (use a good quality for best flavor)
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano DOP
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- In a large saucepan heat 3 TBS EVOO over medium heat
- Add Garlic, crushed Red Pepper Flakes and sauté 1 1/2 min
- Add Calamari, Artichokes and sauté turning the heat on high for about 2 min
- Blush with a little bit of White Wine
- Add Parsley and a pinch of Salt
- Once wine has evaporated remove from heat and set aside
- Preheat EVOO in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- When oil gets hot, add Onion and saute until golden color (approximately 3-4 minutes)
- Add Rice and stir for 1-2 minutes until toasted
- Add White Wine and cook until Wine is reduced or evaporated
- Add in 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock and stir (it’s important to keep stirring – see notes below)
- When Vegetable Stock starts to get evaporated (after about 5 minutes), add another 1/2 cup of Vegetable Stock
- Add 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock approximately every 5 minutes, stirring constantly (total cook time for the risotto is about 20-30 minutes)
- After about 8 minutes of cooking the rice, add the calamari and artichoke mixture to the saucepan
- 1 minute before the Risotto is done add 2 Tbs EVOO, Pecorino, and Mint leaves
- Stir until creamy and shiny
- Buon Appetito!
Make sure your Vegetable Stock stays hot. It’s important to add a little bit of the hot Vegetable Stock at a time so the rice is cooked slowly and the stock gets absorbed. This method releases the rice’s starches, producing a velvety, creamy dish.
It’s very important to keep stirring the Risotto as it’s cooking, especially as the stock gets absorbed, to prevent scorching.
If you run out of Vegetable Stock and you find this is too dry at the end, you can add in a little hot water as a substitute.