Spring time is calling! This colorful Rigatoni sautéed with mixed yellow and red pepper, green and black Mediterranean olives, ginger and cherry tomatoes is a fresh and light, tasty dish. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
Ingredients : ( 2 servings)
200 Gr Rigatoni
4 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Medium Onion Julienned
2 Garlic clove
1 Cup Mixed Olives Pitted
1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper Julienned
1/2 Red Bell Pepper Julienned
1/3 Cup Fresh Ginger Grated
1 Cup Cheery Tomatoes in a can with its own juice or 1 and 1/2 Cup fresh cherry tomatoes
2 Tbs. Fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- Bring water a to boil in a medium pot then add salt. Throw in the rigatoni, stir for a minute and cook per instructions.
- Meanwhile, take a large pan and warm up the extra virgin olive oil at medium heat. Add onion and after a couple minutes, add the whole garlic cloves. When onion begins to turn golden color and the garlic light brown, add the peppers, ginger and cherry tomatoes.
- Adjust with salt. Saute all for about 3 minutes then add the olives (halved or entire).
- To avoid the sauce sticking to the pan, add some of the boiling pasta water. Repeat as it needed.
- Once pasta is ready to drain (always keeping some water leftover to add to the sauce), toss all together. Add parley, drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, mix well and serve immediately.