If you like lasagna, you will love this version too without the béchamel sauce. Comfort tasty food at its best.
Ingredients : (6 servings)
4 Fresh Frozen Pasta Sheets
1 Lb. Organic Ground Beef
1/2 Lb. Organic Ground Pork
1 Onion Medium size finely chopped
1 Carrot Medium size finely chopped
1 Celery Stalk finely chopped
4 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Glass Dry White Wine
2 Bay Leaves
200 oz. Plums Tomatoes or Crushed
6 Basil Leaves
3 Cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Grated Pecorino Romano DOP
12 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese diced or thinly sliced
2-3 Knobs of Unsalted Butter
Salt & Pepper for seasoning
For the sauce-
- In a medium-large saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil then add onion, celery, and carrot. Saute for few minutes and add the bay leaves, ground beef and pork. Season it with salt and pepper, stir it for about 3-4 minutes at high heat. When meats turns light brown, blush it with the wine.
- Stir well until the wine has evaporated then add the plums tomatoes, adjust with salt, stir and let cook at medium heat for about 1 hour. Turn the heat off add the basil and let simmer.
- Turn the oven at 350 F (170 C). In a baking tray, rub the butter all over the surface.
- Make a layer of meat sauce, then set a pasta sheet nicely and flat. Top it with another layer of meat sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan and pecorino cheese. Repeat the same method for another 3 times.
- Put the tray into the oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Take it out and let cool down before portioning.