A vegan recipe that will be loved by anyone! The combination of all these ingredients make this pesto unique, refreshing and light.
Ingredients : (for 2 servings)
200 gr Spaghetti (alternatively Linguine)
1 Cup fresh Basil
1/2 Cup Almonds sliced
1/4 Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Fennel Tops chopped
1/2 Avocado Diced
1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fill a pot with three quarters of water and bring to boil. Add salt when water is boiling.
- Throw in the spaghetti and with a tong or large fork, stir the pasta delicately.
- Cook the pasts for about 8 minutes and then drain. Save about a 1/2 cup of the water to mix with the pesto later.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the basil, almonds, fennel, pinch salt, olive oil, avocado and lemon juice in the food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is combined and smooth in texture. You can adjust the consistency by adding small quantity of water, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Add the pesto mixture with the spaghetti and the saved pasta water. Drizzle a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
*As a tip – I garnished with some finely chopped almonds and fennel to create some crunchiness.
*If there is leftover pesto, it can be stored in a glass container refrigerated for up to 1 week and be used also to dress fish fillet, chicken breast, shrimp, or simply as pasta salad.