This Spiralized Zucchini with Sun-Dried Tomato Arugula Pesto comes together in about 10 minutes with no cooking required!
This is a great Low Carb/Gluten Free option to regular noodles and is so full of flavor!
Hello and welcome to Orgasmik Cooking!
We’re so excited you stopped by to look at our very first recipe! 🙂
This Spiralized Zucchini with Sun-Dried Tomato Arugula Pesto is an Italian inspired dish with a bit of a twist.
Instead of using traditional pasta, we decided to make this healthier by using spiralized Zucchini as a substitute.
Depending on what type of spiralizer you have, you’ll want to use the smallest setting that makes ‘thin like noodles’, as shown in the picture above.
Now to make the Pesto!
Pesto is super easy to make.
Add Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Almonds, Salt, and Pepper to a small Food Processor and pulse 10-20 seconds.
Add in Basil, Arugula, Parmesan, EVOO, and pulse 30 seconds (stop occasionally and scrape down sides to make sure it’s blended well).
Add in 3-6 Tbs water and pulse 10 seconds (start with 3 and keep adding water until texture is smooth and not pasty).
Add 2 Tablespoons of the Pesto to the spiralized Zucchini and mix with tongs.
Note: you can store the rest of the Pesto in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Spiralized Zucchini with Sun-Dried Tomato Arugula Pesto
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2
- Category: Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 large Zucchini spiralized into thin noodle shape
- 3 oz package Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 10-12 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 3-6 Tbs Water
- Add Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Almonds, Garlic, Salt, and Pepper to Food Processor
- Pulse 10-20 seconds
- Add Basil, Arugula, Parmesan, and EVOO
- Pulse 30 seconds, stopping and scraping down the sides to mix in
- Add in 3 – 6 Tbs of Water and pulse 10 seconds
- Add in more Water if needed (you want the texture to be smooth and not too pasty)
- Add 2 Tbs of Pesto to Spiralized Zucchini and mix with tongs
- Serve immediately
This makes about 2 cups of Pesto, refrigerate the rest in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition calculation is based on 2 Tbs of Pesto with Zucchini.