This Velvety Carrot Ginger and Mint Soup has the perfect blend of flavors and is so delicious! This is Vegetarian and Dairy Free!
Now that the fall nights are getting chilly, it’s time to warm up and wrap your hands around a big bowl of this soup!
This soup is made with simple fresh ingredients and comes together in about 30 minutes, which is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- Full of flavor
- And so Satisfying!
I topped this soup off with some crumbled Amaretti Cookies from my favorite Italian cookie brand Sapori. This added just a bit of sweetness to this. 🙂
We hope you love this recipe as much as we did!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Velvety Carrot Ginger and Mint Soup
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 2 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 7 medium-large Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh Ginger peeled and grated
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 2 sprigs fresh Oregano
- 12 fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 Amaretti Almond Cookies crumbled
- In medium saucepan heat EVOO over medium heat
- When oil is hot, add Onion and saute 2-3 minutes until golden
- Add Garlic and saute 1 minute
- Add Carrots and saute 2-3 minutes
- Add Ginger and saute 2-3 minutes
- Add Vegetable Broth
- Add 1 Tbs of Salt to start with and taste at the end, add more if needed
- Add Oregano
- Simmer over medium heat
- Cook approximately 20 minutes or until veggies have softened
- Remove Oregano and discard
- Add Mint
- Remove from heat and blend for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy with an immersion blender
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with crumbled Amaretti Almond Cookies
- Serve immediately
If you don’t have an immersion blender, carefully add contents of soup to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.