Grilled Marinated Zucchini Stracciatella Crostini is an easy peasy appetizer that everyone will love!
I tasted this recipe for the first time in Rome at my best friends (Giancarlino) restaurant Hotel Butterfly.
I decided to remake this recipe giving it my special twist by adding Mint. And I have to say… sorry Giancarlino… but mine tastes better! 🙂
I hope you guys love this appetizer as much as I did! It’s:
- Easy to make
- Full of flavor
- Perfect for any party
- and of course Totally Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Grilled Marinated Zucchini Stracciatella Crostini
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 1 medium Zucchini sliced lengthwise into 1/8 inch thin strips
- 1/2 cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 whole cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 8 Mint Leaves Julienned
- 1/2 tsp dry Oregano
- 1 1/2 cups Stracciatella
- Ciabatta Bread
- Heat grill pan over med/high heat, add Zucchini and grill 2-3 minutes each side, set aside
- In a small bowl whisk together EVOO, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Vinegar, and Mint leaves
- Brush mixture over Zucchini, and marinade 30-40 minutes
- Slice Ciabatta into 4 slices about 1 inch thick each
- Heat grill pan over med/high heat
- Grill Ciabatta 3-4 minutes each side until desired crispiness
- Remove from grill and drizzle a bit of EVOO over crostini
- Spoon Stracciatella over each crostini
- Place marinated Zucchini on top
- Serve immediately
- Buon Appetito!
If you’re a garlic lover, you can choose to mince the garlic and keep it in the marinade instead of removing it.
You can substitute 1 tsp Garlic Powder if you don’t have Garlic cloves.