Granita Di Caffe Con Panna (Iced Espresso with Whipped Cream) is an Italian tradition in the summer time! This is easy to make and makes for the perfect afternoon treat on a hot summer day!
Ahhh… Granita Di Caffe… brings back wonderful memories of summer in Italy. Everyday I’d be seated at one of the hundreds of bar gelateria in Rome at 5pm sipping on this.
This is one of my favorite sweet treats. It’s easy to make and very refreshing. This will definitely keep your body awake for the rest of the night! 🙂
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Granita Di Caffe Con Panna (Iced Espresso with Whipped Cream)
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 2
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 2 cups Espresso Coffee
- 3 Tbs White Sugar
- 240 ml Heavy Cream
- Cookies to garnish (I used Pirouline Chocolate Hazelnut Cream Filled Wafers)
- Brew Espresso, pour into ice cube tray and freeze overnight
- Place frozen Espresso cubes into a food processor or blender and blend until the consistency of crushed ice
- In a medium bowl add Heavy Cream and Sugar, mix on high 2-3 minutes until thickened
- Layer in order, Whip Cream, Coffee, Whip Cream, Coffee
- Add cookies to garnish
- Serve immediately
- Buon Appetito!