These Parmesan Spiralized Zucchini Fries are so delicious, you’ll never guess they are healthy!
How is everyone doing with their New Year’s Resolution?
I’ve been feeling the ‘after Holiday bloat’ big time, so I’ve been trying to eat a bit healthier this year.
I use Zucchini for a variety of healthy recipes, like spiralizing them and using in place of pasta for a low carb meal.
So today I decided to try something new and make them into healthy fries!
These are so incredibly addicting.. trust me, you guys are going to love these!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Parmesan Spiralized Zucchini Fries
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- 2 medium organic Zucchini
- 3 cups all purpose Flour
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil for deep frying
- Heat deep fryer with oil in it to 350 degrees
- Wash and cut ends off of Zucchini
- Spriralize Zucchini (we used the smallest blade setting)
- Place Zucchini on a paper towel and blot as much liquid out of them as you can
- In a shallow pan mix in Flour, Parmesan Cheese, Salt, Pepper, and Nutmeg
- Add Zucchini to flour mixture and coat evenly, shake off excess flour
- Place Zucchini in deep fryer
- Fry 3-5 minutes until desired crispiness
If you don’t have a deep fryer you can use a large saucepan filled with 3 inches of oil and heat on the stovetop over med-high heat.
Make sure oil is hot before adding Zucchini, otherwise they will absorb to much oil and become soggy.
You may need to cut some of the longer Spiralized Zucchini strands down to bite size pieces. Cut to your own preference.
You can substitute gluten free flour if needed.