Summer nostalgia? Try this combination of Rigatoni with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil with Stracciatella cheese and you will see rays of sunshine again! Easy, fast and tasty.
200 Gr Rigatoni
1/4 Onion finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves
4 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
200 Gr Cheery Tomatoes (I used Italian Imported in a can)
12 Fresh Basil leaves julienned
1 Tsp salt (for the sauce)
1/2 Tsp Black pepper
3 Tbs. Salt (for the boiling water )
2 Tbs. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt and throw in the rigatoni, stir for a minute then occasionally following the cooking instructions. Drain the pasta one minute earlier then cooking time.
- Take a large pan, at medium heat add extra virgin olive oil and when warm, add onion. Cook it for 2 minutes then add garlic.
- Cook the garlic and onion till they reach a golden color, add the cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Sauté the tomatoes till they melt and burst out the juice (about 10 minutes), adding some boiling water from the pasta if needed .
- Add half of the basil. Save the rest till you toss the sauce with the pasta and remove the garlic cloves. (optional)
- Place the cooked pasta in the pan with the sauce, at medium-high heat start to toss the pasta and the sauce adding the parmesan cheese, the rest of the basil and a drizzle of extra virgin oil.
- Serve immediately and top each pasta dish with a bunch of stracciatella cheese that will melt with the heat of the pasta bite by bite. Buon Appetito!