Kicking Brunch up a notch with these Spinach Gorgonzola Egg Muffins! These are rich, savory, and full of flavor!
I am a huge fan of brunch. It’s seriously one of my favorite meals on the weekends.
You guys are going to love these Spinach Gorgonzola Egg Muffins, plus they are super easy to make!
I used a large muffin tin, well actually it almost seemed like an extra large muffin tin, so this recipe made 4 large egg muffins.
You can use any size muffin tin you have, just only fill the cups 3/4 of the way full. If you are using a smaller muffin tin, your cooking time may be shorter so keep an eye on them. 🙂
I like to serve these with a small salad and some delicious rustic bread.
Oh, and let’s talk about this sauce shall we?
The sauce totally makes this dish!
It’s made with Butter, Heavy Cream, Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg, and Grana Padano. This is totally indulgent… in fact sometimes I daydream about this sauce… 🙂
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Spinach Gorgonzola Egg Muffins
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 8 Eggs
- 4 cups fresh Spinach julienned
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 Tbs crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
For the Grana Padano Sauce:
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Pinch of Sea Salt/Pepper
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 cup Grana Padano Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl whisk Eggs with Garlic Powder, Nutmeg, Salt, and Pepper
- Add Spinach to Eggs
- In a large muffin tin pour egg mixture into 4 muffin cups (if using a smaller muffin tin, pour egg mixture into each and fill 3/4 way full)
- Add 1 Tbs Gorgonzola into each Egg cup (use less in each if using smaller muffin tin)
- Bake 15-20 minutes
- Remove egg muffins from oven, stick a toothpick in the center of each to make sure it’s cooked all the way through, let cool, and start making the sauce
- Preheat medium saucepan over med heat
- Add Butter and melt
- Add Heavy Cream
- Add pinch of Salt, Pepper, and Nutmeg
- When cream starts to bubble add Grana Padano
- Whisk about 1 minute until slightly thickened
- Drizzle desired amount of sauce over egg muffins and serve immediately
- Buon Appetito!