These Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms (Fiori Di Zucca Ripieni) are such a delicate, delicious appetizer! Stuffed with anchovies and mozzarella, then deep fried for perfection!
Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms are a typical Roman style appetizer that you can find in almost all pizzerias and family run restaurants in Rome.
Zucchini Blossoms may not be easy to find at the regular grocery store, but you can usually find them at most farmers markets.
This is one of my favorite, crunchy, and tasty appetizers. It’s is the perfect way to start off your dinner or brunch!
I hope you guys love these Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms as much as I did! They’re:
- and Totally Orgasmik!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms (Fiori Di Zucca Ripieni)
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
- 6 Zucchini Blossoms (carefully washed and stamens removed)
- 3 Anchovy fillets sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 cup diced Mozzarella
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 cold Egg Yolks
- 1 cup cold Sparkling Water
- In a large bowl whisk Egg Yolks and Salt
- Mix in Flour
- Slowly add water and whisk until smooth, if batter is too thick add a bit more water. You want the batter to be the consistency of pancake batter (don’t over whisk or you’ll deflate the batter)
- Stuff each flower with Anchovies and Mozzarella
- Carefully seal flower with your hands and dip each one into batter
- Place individually in deep fryer at 350 degrees
- Fry 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy
- Place on a paper towel to dry off excess oil
- Serve immediately
- Buon Appetito!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes by email!