This Red Beet Hummus is so velvety and creamy in texture. This is the perfect healthy appetizer and is a crowd favorite!
I love using Beets to make healthy recipes. You may remember my Red Beets “Rocher” awhile back that was a tasty appetizer made of Beets, Goat Cheese, Walnuts, and fresh Mint. Yum!
Well this time I decided to make a delicious hummus using Red Beets.
It’s super easy to make too. Once the Beets have boiled and cooled, just add in the Mint, Garlic, Lemon Juice, EVOO, Sesame Seeds, Cumin, Salt, and Pepper to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
In the pictures we paired this with Matza Flat Bread Gluten Free Crackers, Fresh Ricotta, Raw Walnuts, and a drizzle of White Truffle Glaze.
This combination of flavors along with the Red Beet Hummus was absolutely Orgasmik!
You guys are going to love this easy appetizer. It’s:
- Velvety and Creamy
- Full of flavor
- Easy to make
- and 100% Delizioso!
If you try this recipe let us know what you think! Leave a comment below, rate it, share it on social media, or take a picture and tag it #orgasmikcooking on Instagram! We LOVE seeing what you guys cook up. 🙂
Red Beet Hummus
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 3 small Red Beets stems removed and peeled
- 12 Mint Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Pinch of Cumin
- 3 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Fill medium saucepan with water, add Beets and bring to a boil
- Cook Beets until soft, about 30-40 minutes
- Remove Beets from water and let cool
- In a high speed blender or food processor add Beets, Mint, Garlic, Sesame Seeds, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, Cumin, and EVOO
- Pulse or blend for about 30 seconds, stopping in between to scrape down sides
- Blend until it’s a velvety smooth texture
- Add more Sesame Seeds and chopped Mint for garnish if desired
Additional serving suggestion: In the pictures we paired the Beet Hummus with Matza Flat Bread Gluten Free Crackers, Fresh Ricotta, Raw Walnuts, and a drizzle of White Truffle Glaze.